3D printing and mesh preparation.
3D printers also use STL files although they require “watertight” meshes. Our mesh preparation software not only enables us to analyse and fix problems, but also combine, modify, and add features ready for printing.
Having produced a high-quality STL mesh file we offer several options:
- We can create cutter paths directly on the STL file – no need to reverse model
- Prototype models can be supplied, including using our in-house 3D Printing facility.
- Nurb surfaces can be mapped onto the mesh to set tolerances. This is a good solution where the form is very organic and is similar to shrink-wrapping
- Parametric CAD models can be created using the mesh surface. This is the most versatile and popular method as it creates a feature-based CAD model – ideal for geometric shapes.
- A hybrid CAD model can be created mapping Nurb surfaces onto complex organic areas and uses parametric methods for the remainder of the part.
Both Nurb & Parametric surface and solid models are compatible with industry standard CAD systems and can be supplied in several Neutral or Native CAD formats.